Teach at an “Award – Winning” Urban Cleveland Charter School
MISSION The Entrepreneurship Preparatory School (E Prep) is a Cleveland charter school dedicated to providing a premier educational experience to all students. We will emphasize individual educational growth resulting in above proficient test scores. This will take place in a technologically advanced, safe, and disciplined environment.
Entrepreneurship Preparatory School is hiring highly qualified educators with experience in urban education for the 2011/2012 school year in the following positions:
Middle School (6-8 grade):
• Intervention Specialist (Special Ed certification)
• Social Studies
• Physical Education
Entrepreneurship Preparatory School (E Prep), a Breakthrough Charter School, is dedicated to providing a premier educational experience to students throughout the city of Cleveland, Ohio. We emphasize individual educational growth resulting in above proficient test scores. This will take place in a technologically advanced, safe, and disciplined environment.
Teaching at E Prep:
When you join E Prep, you become part of a culture that values its colleagues, students and families. We act deliberately to embrace diversity at all levels of the organization, encourage inclusion and respect by providing continuing high expectations for everyone. Our teachers spend 100% of their time teaching, not disciplining.
Responsibilities of Entrepreneurship Preparatory School Teachers:
• Interact frequently and respectfully with children;
• Support the school’s mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward parents/guardians and coworkers;
• Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children;
• Facilitate regular parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress;
• Demonstrate classroom management skills to an entire group whether working with a whole class or small group;
• Keep the classroom environment organized and attractive;
• Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers;
• Participate actively with the teaching team through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning;
• Analyze monthly data to individualize the education process.
Skills and Characteristics:
• Strong instructional skills and classroom management
• Demonstrated mastery of subject matter
• Unyielding commitment to students, self and school’s constant learning and development
• Relentlessness – doing whatever it takes to ensure success
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized
• Belief in Entrepreneurship Prep’s mission, educational model, and core values
• Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience:
• Two years of teaching experience with a record of high student achievement
• Bachelors degree from a competitive college or university
• Willingness to seek certification if not already certified
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, E Prep offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply online at: http://www.applitrack.com/breakthrough/onlineapp
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 216.456.2080 | Fax: 216.249.0616 | 1417 East 36th Street, Cleveland, OH 44114
Copyright © 2008 Entrepreneurship Preparatory School. All rights reserved.